(1) Each polling station shall have a sufficient number of ballot boxes, polling booths, and stamps with the specification “VOTED”, proportional to the number of electors whose names entered on the copies of the permanent and special electoral rolls, and to the estimated number of electors whose names will be entered on the additional electoral rolls, as well as a special ballot box.
(2) The polling booths and ballot boxes shall be placed in the same room as the electoral bureau of the polling station. The polling booths and ballot boxes shall be secured by the mayors of the communes, towns, municipalities, and administrativeterritorial subdivisions of municipalities, together with the prefects.
(3) The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station, together with its members shall be present at the premises of the polling station one day prior to the reference date at 18:00 hours, being obliged to order the necessary measures to provide the order and fairness of the voting operations. The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall order the removal of the electoral material of propaganda, irrespective of its type, both from the inside and outside of the polling station.
(4) The president shall order the setting up of the guard posts around the building of the polling station.
(5) On the reference date, the activity of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall start at 6:00 hours. The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station, in the presence of the other members, and observers, where appropriate, shall check the ballot boxes, electoral rolls, ballot boxes and stamps, recording in the statement of poll referred to in Article 197 the number of persons whose names have been entered on the copies of the permanent electoral rolls, copies of the special electoral rolls, as well as the number of stamps with the specification “VOTED”. As he opens the sealed packages, the president provides the affixing of the control stamp on the last page of each ballot paper thereof. After he finishes these operations, the president shall close and seal the ballot boxes by affixing the control stamp.
(6) The president of the electoral bureau of the polling station is obliged to take the necessary steps so that the elections will be carried out in good terms. To this aim, his duties shall also extend outside the building of the polling station, to the courtyard, to the courtyard entrances, around the building, as well as in the streets and public squares within a distance of 500 m.
(7) The measures ordered by the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall be made public by posting them in a visible place.
(8) The administrative measures ordered by the electoral bureaux with reference to electoral advertising shall be carried out by the mayor of the administrativeterritorial unit, as soon as they have been communicated.
(9) For maintaining order, the president of the electoral bureau of the polling station shall have the necessary means, provided by the mayor and prefect, together with the representatives of the Ministry of Administration and Interior.
(10) Except for the members of the electoral bureau of the polling station, candidates, and observers, no person is allowed to remain in the public places of the polling area or in the building of the polling station for more time than it is necessary to vote.
(11) During the voting, there is forbidden to the members of the electoral bureau of the polling station, to the persons in charge with maintaining the order, and to the accredited persons to wear badges, and other insignia of electoral propaganda.
(12) On the voting day, between 7:00 and 21:00 hours, the trading and consumption of alcoholic beverages within the protected area of the polling station, referred to in paragraph (6) are forbidden.
(13) For the polling stations abroad, the provisions of this Article shall apply, where appropriate, by taking into account the particular circumstances on the organisation thereof.*
* Introduced by G.E.O. no. 11/2009.