(1) Every voter must vote in person. Voting for other individuals (voting by proxy) is not allowed. The precinct electoral bureau shall hand out ballots to voters based on the voter list, only upon the presentation of an identification document. Voters shall confirm the receipt of the ballot by signing in the voter list next to his/her name, and a stamp applied on his/her ID slip or on the document based on which the voter votes, which confirms that he/she voted on election day.
(2) Citizens residing on the territory of the precinct not included in the voter lists shall be entered on a supplementary voter list upon presentation of an identification document confirming their place of residence within the precinct. In the supplementary voters’ list, which will include information on the voter’s name, surname, date and place of birth, the last domicile in the Republic of Moldova, personal identication number (IDPN), are also entered:
a) voters who come to the polling station with the absentee vote certicate. The absentee vote certicate remains at the polling station bureau and it is attached to the supplementary list;
b) individuals detained based on an arrest order until a court sentence is pronounced, individuals sentenced to prison (deprivation of liberty) whose sentence is not final; individuals under arrest for committing an offence, persons sentenced to prison (deprivation of liberty) by a final court decision, located in penitentiaries
c) voters who do not have a registration at a domicile or residence.
(3) The voting is done upon presenting of one of the following identification documents:
a) identity card of a citizen of the Republic of Moldova accompanied by a slip which confirms the domicile or residence on the territory of respective polling station;
d) Temporary Identity document with confirmation of citizenship of the Republic of Moldova and the domicile of the holder;
e) passport of a citizen of the Republic of Moldova for passing the border of RM, sailor’s card - at the polling stations established abroad, in case of parliamentary elections, presidential elections or republican referendum;
f) service ID for serving military personnel: civil service card issued by Civil Service Centre for persons performing civil service as an alternative to military service.
(31) In the polling stations located outside of the Republic of Moldova, the voter presents a statement certifying that they are not voting multiple times. This statement implies liability, and the voter is informed about criminal liability if this obligation is breached.
(4) The chairperson and precinct electoral bureau members shall vote at the polling station where they conduct their activity, and, if necessary, shall be entered to supplementary voter lists based on the Absentee Vote Certificate.
(5) The chairperson of the precinct electoral bureau shall keep a record of the events during voting and vote counting. At the request of bureau members, persons authorised to observe electoral procedures, or any voter, the chairperson shall note their comments and complaints regarding electoral procedures on a separate sheet, which shall be attached to the minutes of the precinct electoral bureau. The information on voting on the main and additional voters list is sent every three hours, in electronic form or via phone, to the Central Electoral Commission.
(6) The electoral bureau decides to prolong with no more than 2 hours the period of voting, in order to allow the voters, who queue up in the respective precinct, to exercise their rights, notifying the district electoral bureau and the Central Electoral Commission about the extension.