Observers at foreign representations
(1) Each nominating organisation putting forward candidates and each independent candidate may delegate two people to each foreign representation to act as observers. Organizations putting forward candidates jointly may delegate two observers jointly.
(2) Only voters listed in the central electoral register may act as observers at foreign representations.
(3) Observers at foreign representations shall be reported to the National Election Commission 10 days before the voting in Hungary at the latest, providing their name and personal identification number, or, if they have no personal identification number, the type and number of the document proving their Hungarian citizenship. The National Election Commission shall enter observers at foreign representations into a register. The National Election Office shall send the name and personal identification number of observers at foreign representations – or, if they have no personal identification number, the type and number of the document proving their Hungarian citizenship – to the head of the election office at the foreign representation.
(4) Observers registered by the National Election Commission may be present while the election office at the foreign representation carries out its work. Observers at foreign representations
a) may observe the work of the election office at the foreign representation;
b) shall not influence or disturb the voting or the work of the election office at the foreign representation either actively or through behaviour from which an inference may be drawn,
c) may record their comments in the record made out on the closing of voting;
d) may lodge objections;
e) may sign the sealed ballot box after closing the voting;
f) is obliged to wear a registration badge in the polling station.
(5) The costs related to the observer's delegation and activity shall be borne by the delegator listed in (1).