(1) The number of mandates that can be acquired is identical to the number of seats reserved in the European Parliament for the representatives of Hungary.
(2) Only those parties can participate in assigning the mandates that received more votes than 5% of the total valid votes cast on all lists.
(3) In order to assign the mandates a table shall be drafted, in which a column of numbers shall be created under the name of each list entitled according to paragraph (2) to acquire mandates. The first number of the column of numbers is the number of votes for the given list, the second number is half of the number of votes for the given list, the next number is one third, one forth, one fifth, etc. In the column of numbers of each list there may only be as many numbers, as the number of candidates on that list.
(4) The highest number shall be identified in the table; the list in the column of numbers of which this number is shall receive one mandate. Then the second highest number shall be identified; the list in the column of numbers of which this number is shall receive one mandate. This procedure is continued until all the mandates are allocated.
(5) If in the column of numbers of two or more lists the next number in order is identical, and with this number they would acquire a mandate, but the number of mandates that can be assigned is less than the number of the given lists, the mandates shall be assigned according to the serial number of the lists.