Polling time and place
1. Polling shall take place at a polling station on the election (polling) day from 8:00 to 20:00 hours.
2. It is prohibited to lock the polling station during voting or to terminate or suspend voting, except when it is impossible to ensure the universal and equal suffrage and free expression of the will of voters.
3. The PEC chairperson shall unilaterally decide to close a polling station temporarily, to terminate or suspend polling, to re-open the polling station, and to resume polling, and he/she shall be fully responsible for making such a decision.
4. In the case of the temporary closure of a polling station, a PEC shall, immediately after polling is terminated or suspended, decide to approve or revoke the relevant decision made by the PEC chairperson. If the decision of the commission chairperson concerns the suspension of the polling, the decision of the commission on confirming or revoking the decision shall be reflected in the log-book, the reason and the time of the suspension of the polling shall be indicated and confirmed by the signatures of the commission members. If the decision of the commission chairperson concerns the termination of the polling, the decision of the commission on confirming or revoking the decision shall be taken by an ordinance, where the reason and the time of the termination of the polling shall be indicated. As soon as the cause of the suspension of polling has been removed, the polling process shall be resumed by an ordinance of the commission chairperson. If the polling is declared terminated, it shall not be resumed.
5. A voter may stay at the polling station only during the time required for voting.
6. A PEC shall declare polling completed any time before 20:00 at electoral precincts set up at military units, hospitals, and other inpatient facilities and hard-to-access areas, provided all voters on the list of voters participated in the polling.
7. It is prohibited to conduct polling before the day or after the day of polling, except for the cases provided for by the legislation of Georgia.
Organic Law of Georgia No 5438 of 22 June 2016 – website, 12.7.2016