Registration of a candidate for President of Georgia
1. A candidate for President of Georgia shall be registered by the CEC by ordinance not later than the 20th day before Election Day.
2. The CEC ordinance on registration of a candidate for President of Georgia shall be submitted to the Parliament of Georgia within 3 days after it is issued.
3. The CEC chairperson shall grant an appropriate certificate to a candidate for President of Georgia within three days after the registration.
4. If the documentation submitted by the Election Panel is incomplete or fails to comply with the requirements established by this Law, the CEC chairperson shall identify the deficiency not later than the day following submission of an application, and a representative of the Election Panel shall be allowed 3 days to correct the deficiency. If the deficiency is not corrected within the set time limit, a candidate for President of Georgia and his/her representative shall be refused registration.
5. The CEC shall not register a candidate for President of Georgia if the requirements and procedure established by this Law have been violated.
6. The CEC ordinance to register/refuse to register a candidate for President of Georgia may only be appealed by appropriate member/members of the Election Panel, and/or by a person nominated as a candidate for President of Georgia under the procedure established by Article 77(5) of this Law.
7. The Parliament of Georgia and the CEC shall, not later than the 6th day after a candidate for President of Georgia is registered, publish on their official websites a notice about the registration of the candidate for President of Georgia indicating his/her first name, surname, date of birth, position (occupation), and place of employment.
8. A candidate for President of Georgia may, at any time, except as provided for in paragraph 9 of this article, not later than the 3 rd day before polling day, withdraw his/her candidacy. To this effect, he/she shall file a written application to the CEC.
9. A candidate for President of Georgia running in the second round of Georgian Presidential elections may not withdraw his/her candidacy.
Organic Law of Georgia No 3266 of 21 July 2018 – website, 13.8.2018