(1) (1) Registration forms for an election of the Mayor of the municipality can be filed by political parties. Each political party can enter in the registration form only one candidate. Political parties can file a registration form with one common candidate. Registers of candidates shall be delivered in two counterparts to the note taker of the local election commission not later than 55 days before polling day. Political parties shall deliver their registration forms through a proxy.
(2) (2) Independent candidates can also stand for an office of Mayor. An independent candidate shall deliver his registration form in two counterparts to the note taker of the local election commission not later than 55 days before polling day. A constituent part of the registration form of an independent candidate shall be a petition4a) signed by 10% of qualified electors of the municipality who support his/her candidacy. The number of qualified electors shall be made public in an ordinary manner by the municipality within five days after the proclamation of elections. Next to each signature in the petition there is stated the elector’s first name and surname, personal number and permanent residence, which is meant to be the name of municipality, street, if the municipality is subdivided into streets, and house number.
(3) (3) A registration form contains name, surname and academic degree, age, permanent residence of a candidate and the name of the political party which has nominated this candidate, or the fact that it is an independent candidate; an independent candidate shall an affidavit that he/she is not a member of any political party. The registration form shall be accompanied by the declaration pursuant to section 16, paragraph 6.
(4) (4) A candidate for an office of the Mayor of the municipality must for at least one year have resided on a permanent basis in the municipality where he /she is standing as a candidate.
(5) A note taker shall ascertain that the registration forms filed meet the prescribed requirements. If they fail to do so, he/she shall bring this fact to the attention of a proxy of the political party or independent candidate. The note taker shall confirm the submission of the registration form to the proxy of the political party or to the independent candidate.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).