Revocation of decisions on nomination of candidates for MP of Georgia
1. A candidate for MP of Georgia, the party/electoral bloc nominating him/her, may, at any time but not later than 12 days prior to the polling day, refuse to run in the election or refuse the nominated candidate, for which purpose they shall submit an application to a respective election commission.
11. The procedure established by paragraph 1 of this article shall not apply to the second round of elections.
2. A party/electoral bloc running independently in elections may, after powers of the elected MPs are recognised, revoke its decision about the nomination of the candidate for MP remaining on the party list. A party/electoral bloc may not revoke its decision about nominating a candidate for MP remaining on the party list when the authority of the MP elected under the same list ceases, until the authority of his/her successor is recognized. A candidate for MP nominated by the party/electoral bloc shall be withdrawn from the party list by an ordinance of the CEC chairperson, based on an application signed by the party leader/the person determined by the statutes of the party/electoral bloc, within 3 days after submission of the application. If the application is not satisfied within this period, the candidate for MP shall be deemed withdrawn from the party list as from the day following the lapse of the above-mentioned period.
3. A candidate for MP of Georgia may withdraw his/her candidacy from a party list after the recognition of authority of the elected MPs by filing an application with the CEC. The candidacy shall be withdrawn by an ordinance of CEC Chairperson within three days after filing the application. If the application is not satisfied within this time, the candidate for MP shall be deemed withdrawn from the party list on the day following the end of the third day.
4. The CEC shall immediately publish on its official website the information about removal of an electoral subject or individual candidate from elections.
Organic Law of Georgia No 2093 of 7 March 2014 – website, 14.3.2014
Organic Law of Georgia No 5438 of 22 June 2016 – website, 12.7.2016
Organic Law of Georgia No 1274 of 26 July 2017 – website, 29.7.2017
Organic Law of Georgia No 3266 of 21 July 2018 – website, 13.8.2018