Nomination of candidates for member of a Sakrebulo in majoritarian electoral districts
1. The following entities shall have the right to nominate a candidate for member of a local self-government representative body Sakrebulo in the respective electoral district:
a) a party running in elections independently;
b) an electoral bloc;
c) an initiative group of 5 voters.
2. To nominate a majoritarian candidate in an electoral district, a party/an election bloc, participating independently in the elections, shall apply to the relevant DEC not later than the 30th day before polling day. An initiative group of voters shall apply to the relevant DEC under Article 141(3) of this Law.
3. The application shall specify the following information about a majoritarian candidate:
a) first and last name;
b) date of birth (day/month/year);
c) occupation ;
d) position (activity);
e) place of work (if unemployed, specify ‘unemployed’);
f) personal number of a citizen of Georgia;
g) place of registration;
h) name of the electoral district, in which he/she is nominated as a majoritarian candidate;
i) party membership (if a party member, but if not, specify ‘non-partisan’).
4. An application for nomination of a candidate for member of a local self-government representative body Sakrebulo shall be submitted to the respective election commission. The application shall be endorsed by signatures of authorised representatives of the party or all parties incorporated in the electoral bloc.
5. The application shall be attached with a photocopy of the candidate’s identity card of a citizen of Georgia or of the passport of a citizen of Georgia, 2 photos and a registration card signed by him/her (in 2 copies). Along with the candidate’s personal data (the first name, last name, personal number of a Georgian citizen, address (according to the identity card of a citizen of Georgia or the Agency database), and date of birth), the application shall include the fact of the candidate’s residence in Georgia for 5 years and his/her consent to run in the elections in an appropriate electoral district.
6. A majoritarian candidate nominated in an electoral district by a party/election bloc participating independently in the elections may simultaneously be on the party list of a respective party/electoral bloc.
Organic Law of Georgia No 2093 of 7 March 2014 – website, 14.3.2014
Organic Law of Georgia No 2289 of 17 April 2014 – website, 17.4.2014
Organic Law of Georgia No 5438 of 22 June 2016 – website, 12.7.2016
Organic Law of Georgia No 1274 of 26 July 2017 – website, 29.7.2017
Organic Law of Georgia No 3269 of 21 July 2018 – website, 27.7.2018
Organic Law of Georgia No 3266 of 21 July 2018 – website, 13.8.2018