Right to participate in Tbilisi Sakrebulo elections
1. A party, electoral bloc, candidates nominated by the party, electoral bloc and an initiative group of voters composed of at least 5 persons, if registered by the election commission as determined by this Law, shall have the right to take part in Tbilisi Sakrebulo elections.
2. Only parties and electoral blocs shall be authorised to participate in the elections held through the proportional electoral system and to acquire the seat of the Tbilisi Sakrebulo.
3. Candidates nominated by parties/electoral blocs/initiative group of voters shall have the right to run for the local single-seat majoritarian elections of Tbilisi Sakrebulo. An individual may not be nominated in more than one single-seat majoritarian electoral district.
4. A person nominated as a candidate in the Tbilisi Sakrebulo elections may not be simultaneously nominated as a candidate in the elections of the Mayor of Tbilisi, or for the Sakrebulo or Mayor of any other municipality.
5. Incompatibility of the status of a candidate in the Tbilisi Sakrebulo election with his/her official capacity shall be determined by Article 136 of this Law. Paragraph 5(e) of Article 117 of this Law shall not apply to the incompatibility of the status of a candidate.
Organic Law of Georgia No 2093 of 7 March 2014 – website, 14.3.2014
Organic Law of Georgia No 1232 of 26 July 2017 – website, 29.7.2017
Organic Law of Georgia No 3266 of 21 July 2018 – website, 13.8.2018