Submission of party lists
1. For obtaining seats of the Tbilisi Sakrebulo through the proportional electoral system, party lists shall be submitted to the CEC by the parties and electoral blocs not later than 30 days prior to the polling day.
2. Party lists of candidates to be elected in the Tbilisi Sakrebulo through the proportional electoral system shall include not less than 50 and not more than 100 candidates.
3. A party list may include a candidate nominated in the majoritarian electoral district. In such a case, a party list shall make a note of the nomination of the candidate for a single-seat majoritarian electoral district.
4. Party list may include members of the party and those individuals who are not members of other parties participating in the elections, while the party list of an electoral bloc may include members of parties united in the bloc or those individuals who are not members of other parties running in elections. A party/electoral bloc may nominate any capable citizen of Georgia, who speaks the Georgian language and has attained 21 years of age by the polling day, as a candidate for Sakrebulo elections.
5. The procedure for drawing up of the party list shall be defined by the parties and electoral blocs. While drafting the party list, it should be taken into account that the seats acquired by a party/electoral bloc according to the election results, shall be distributed sequentially, from the top of the list.
6. Party list shall indicate the following information on each candidate:
a) first and last name;
b) date of birth;
d) position (activity);
e) place of work (if unemployed, specify ‘unemployed’);
f) party affiliation (if not a party member, specify ‘non-partisan’);
g) personal number of a citizen of Georgia;
h) address (according to a Georgian citizen’s identity card or the Agency database);
i) name of the local single-seat majoritarian electoral district in the case of nomination as a majoritarian candidate.
7. The party list of a party independently participating in the elections shall be endorsed with the signatures of the leader; the party list of an electoral bloc shall be endorsed with the signatures of leaders of all parties in the bloc.
8. The party list shall be attached with a photocopy of each candidate’s identity card of a citizen of Georgia or of the passport of a citizen of Georgia, 2 photos and the registration card signed by him/her (in 2 copies) indicating the date of its completion. Along with the candidate’s personal data (the first name, last name, personal number of a Georgian citizen, address (according to the identity card of a citizen of Georgia or the Agency database), date of birth), the registration card shall indicate the fact of the candidate’s residence in Georgia for 5 years his/her consent to run in the elections under this party list.
Organic Law of Georgia No 2093 of 7 March 2014 – website, 14.3.2014
Organic Law of Georgia No 5438 of 22 June 2016 – website, 12.7.2016
Organic Law of Georgia No 1274 of 26 July 2017 – website, 29.7.2017
Organic Law of Georgia No 3266 of 21 July 2018 – website, 13.8.2018