(1) The electoral committee shall give a ballot paper and an envelope bearing an impression of the seal of the electoral committee to the members of the Riigikogu or electoral body. The ballot paper shall be given on the basis of a list upon presentation of identification. The member of the Riigikogu or electoral body shall sign against receipt of the ballot paper.
(2) The ballot paper shall be completed in a voting booth. The member of the Riigikogu or electoral body shall mark the ballot paper with a cross in the space beside the name of the candidate in favour of whom he or she votes. If the name of only one candidate is entered on the ballot paper, the member of the Riigikogu or electoral body shall mark the ballot paper with a cross in the space if he or she votes in favour of the candidate.
(3) After completing the ballot paper, the elector shall place the ballot paper in the envelope and give it to the electoral committee, which shall put an impression of the seal of the electoral committee to the envelope. Thereafter, the elector shall deposit the envelope in the ballot box.
(4) If the ballot paper is spoiled before it is deposited in the ballot box, the member of the Riigikogu or electoral body has the right, upon returning the spoiled ballot paper, to receive a new ballot paper from the electoral committee, with regard to which a notation shall be made on the list.
(5) The chair of the sitting shall declare the voting closed one hour after the declaration of voting.