Establishment of Electoral Councils and Bureaus for Holding Local Referenda
(1) District Electoral Councils of 5-11 members for local referenda shall be established by the Central Electoral Commission, at the proposal of local councils or representative authorities of special status administrative-territorial unit, political parties, other socio-political organisations represented in Parliament no later than 25 days prior to the date of a local referendum. The establishment manner and their functions are referred to in Articles 28 and 29.
(2) Precinct electoral bureaus of 5-11 members established for local referenda shall be formed by District Electoral Councils at the proposal of local public authorities, political parties, other socio-political organisations represented in Parliament no later than 20 days prior to the date set of a local referendum. The establishment manner and their functions are referred to in Articles 30 and 33.
(3) Chairpersons of district electoral councils, the electoral council of Chisinau municipality and electoral councils of special status administrative-territorial units established for holding local referenda shall be elected by respective local councils.
(4) Electoral councils and bureaus established to conduct local referendum may not include councillors from local councils, members of the initiative group, members of political parties or of other socio-political organisations involved in elections.
(5) During the first session of the second-level administrative-territorial unit, the district electoral council established to hold the local referendum, the deputy chairperson and the secretary of the council shall be elected by the majority of its members. During the first session of the village (commune), town (municipal) electoral council and Precinct Electoral Bureau, the chairperson, deputy chairperson, and the secretary of the bureau shall be elected.
(6) Within 2 days of the date of their establishment, electoral councils and bureaus shall make public their personnel composition, address, and contact details.
(7) The authority of the electoral councils and bureaus shall expire after validation of local referendum results.