Powers of the Commission
(1) The section election commission in Bulgaria shall:
1. implement the activities on the application of this Code and the legal regulations thereto related at the polling site and in the area of the polling station;
2. assist to the arrangement of the polling site according to the requirements of this Code and with a view to ensuring access to voting for persons with sight or locomotor impairment;
3.provide free and undisturbed conduct of voting in the polling station;
4. count the votes cast in favour of the candidate lists upon all types of elections; count the preferences for the candidates of political parties and coalitions of political parties upon elections of MPs, Members of the European Parliament for the Republic of Bulgaria and municipal councillors; issue an abstract of the tally sheet showing the voting results in the polling station and deliver it to the constituency or Municipal election commission within 24 hours upon the end of voting;
5. deliver the remaining papers and materials to the Municipal administration within the period as referred to in p. 4;
6. examine all complaints and signals for breaches in the election process in conformity with its powers, pronouncing thereon without delay and prior to the end of the election day; and communicating the decision to the complainant forthwith;
7. declare the voting results in a generally accessible place in front of the polling station byplacing a copy of the signed telly sheet under Art. 282, Para. 6 or Art. 441, Para. 6 for the respective type of election;
8. provide against signature of the members of the commission, the candidates, the election agents, the representatives of the political parties, the coalitions of political parties and the nomination committees and the observers a photocopy of the signed abstract of the tally sheet for the respective type of election with the voting results in the polling station, sealed each page with the seal of the commission and signed by the chairperson, the deputy chairperson and the secretary.
(2) The activities shall be distributed among the members of the section election commission and shall be made by a decision in writing upon the opening of the polls.
(3) The directions of the chairperson of the section election commission shall be binding upon all citizens at the polling site. Such directions may be repealed by decision of the section election commission.
(4) Any decision of the section election commission, related to barring a voter from voting, shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the interested person. The decision may be appealable before the regional or the Municipal election commission, which shall pronounce forthwith.