Mode of Voting
(1) A voter may cast a vote at a polling station by using special voting devices.
(2) A single ballot for the respective type of elections shall be created on a visual or tactile terminal, where the voters shall mark their vote in an unequivocal manner.
(3) The ballot shall be designed in the same way as the ballot paper and shall allow the voter to cast a vote for no political party, coalition or nomination committee. The Central Election Commission shall approve the ballot template.
(4) (amend. - SG 39/16, in force from 26.05.2016) Upon completing the voting procedure the a control receipt shall be printed by the system, which shall be deposited in a special machine voting box. A voter shall not be able to change their vote by casting a second ballot.
(5) (New - SG 21/19, in force from 12.03.2019) Machine voting shall not be carried out in polling stations with fewer than 300 voters, when voting with a mobile ballot box, in polling stations in medical establishments, elderly homes and other specialized institutions for the provision of social services, in polling stations on vessels flying the Bulgarian flag, and in polling stations outside the country.