METHODOLOGY FOR DETERMINING THE RESULTS OF THE VOTE IN THE ELECTION OF PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC
1. For each list of candidates for President and Vice President of the Republic, raised by a party or coalition or an Initiative Committee, the sum of the votes cast in the country and abroad is calculated.
2. The duo of candidates to have received more than half of the valid votes, provided that more than half of voters cast their votes, is elected.
3. If no candidate duo is elected, the Central Election Commission (CEC) calls new elections within 7 days from the date of the first round.
3.1. The new selection involves the two candidate lists receiving the most votes.
3.2. If more than two candidate lists have received maximum votes and there is a tie, they are all eligible to participate in the new election round.
3.3. If a list of candidates received the most votes, followed by two or more lists with a tie, they are all eligible to participate in the new election round.
3.4. If two candidate lists are selected for a new round and before the round a candidate for president or vice president on the list passes away or is taken seriously ill, the CEC postpones the election round and schedules a new election date not later than 14 days from the date of the postponed election round. Within three days from the date of the decision of the CEC, the respective party or initiative can register a new candidate.
3.5. If two candidate lists are selected for a new election round and before the new round a candidate from one of them withdraws within 24 hours after the announcement of the results of the election, the CEC appoints by a decision the candidate list which ranks next in terms of number of votes. If there is no next list, the National Assembly calls new elections for President and Vice President of the Republic.
4. In the new election the candidate duo receiving the most votes is elected.
5. If in the new vote two or more candidate lists receive the most votes and there is a tie, no pair of candidates is elected.