The Procedure for Organizing Voting beyond the Bounds of the Premises for Voting
1. A voter who cannot personally come to the premises for voting due to health reasons, shall have the right to address a written request to the appropriate polling station election commission to grant him/her the opportunity to vote beyond the bounds of the premises for voting. Such a written request may be submitted no later than twelve hours before the start of voting. The provisions of this Part shall not apply to polling stations formed at diplomatic and other official missions and consular establishments of Ukraine abroad.
2. Voter’ request to vote beyond the bounds of the premises for voting shall be registered by the polling station election commission in a separate register with indication of the day and hour of receipt, the surname, first name, patronymic and place of residence of such voter.
3. On the basis of requests referred to in Part one of this Article, the polling station election commission shall prior to election day upon the termination of the period established for the submission of such requests, make up an extract from the list of voters according to the format established by the Central Election Commission for this purpose. At that, the secretary of the polling station election commission shall inscribe in the list of voters in the column "Signature of Voter": "votes at home".
4. Voting of voters beyond the bounds of the premises for voting shall be organized by no less than three members of the polling station election commission appointed by this election commission. Such members of the polling station election commission should be representatives of different political parties (electoral blocs).
5. Voting outside the premises for voting shall be organized in such a way as to allow voters to vote not later than one hour before the closing time.
6. The chairman of the polling station commission shall announce that some members of the polling station commission are leaving to organize the voting outside the premises for voting. These members of the polling station commission shall be issued with a necessary quantity of ballots, an extract from the voter list and a sealed ballot box with a checklist cast into it. The check list shall indicate the time (hour, minutes) of the commission members’ departure to conduct the voting outside the voting premises, the number of ballots received, and the surnames and initials of the polling station commission members the ballots were issued to. The checklist shall be signed by present members of the polling station commission, authorized representatives of parties (blocs), official observers from parties (blocs) and candidate deputies registered in single-mandate election constituencies. The seal of the commission shall endorse their signatures.
7. Official observers shall have the right to be present at the voting outside the voting premises.
8. In organizing voting outside the voting premises, a member of the polling station commission shall issue the voter, on the basis of the extract from the voter list and on the condition that the voter presents an identity card stipulated by the second paragraph of Article 2 of this Law, with one ballot for voting in a multi-mandate and one ballot for voting in a single-mandate constituency. The voter shall sign on the control check of each ballot and on the extract from the voter list. Then the member of the polling station commission shall sign his/her name and initials and put his/her signature in indicated places on the ballots and control checks. The voter shall complete the ballots in accordance with the procedure stipulated by the twelfth and thirteenth paragraphs of Article 69 of this Law and casts them in the ballot box.
9. After the voting outside the voting premises has been completed, the polling station commission member who issued the ballots to the voter shall put the words “voted at home” against that voter’s name in the voter list, and put his/her signature, last name and initials.
10. The excerpt from the voter list in accordance with which the voting outside the voting premises was conducted shall be attached to the voter list as its inseparable part. The voters’ written requests on the basis of which this voting was organized shall also be attached to the voter list.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).