Peculiarities of Preparing and Holding Extraordinary Elections
1. Extraordinary deputy elections shall be held in single-mandate constituencies that were set up for the last elections of people’s deputies of Ukraine.
2. Polling stations for conducting extraordinary elections are created at least 19 days before the elections and on exceptional basis a polling station may be created under Article 17, paragraph 7, of the present Law at least 5 days before the elections according to the procedure prescribed by this Law.
3. Constituency election commissions shall be established no later than 50 days before the elections upon submissions of parties (blocs) – subjects of electoral process during the last elections of people’s deputies of Ukraine, which should be submitted to the Central Election Commission at least 22 days before the elections.
4. Polling station commissions shall be set up at least 12 days before the elections and in case of exceptional creation of a polling station under Article 17, paragraph 7, of the present Law – concurrently with the establishment of polling stations upon submissions by district, city (city-district) or higher level party cells (organizations) (party cells (organizations) that are part of the bloc) – subjects of electoral process, candidates for deputies registered in respective single-mandate constituencies, that shall be submitted to the constituency election commission at least 15 days before the elections according to the procedure provided for in Article 21 of the present Law.
5. Nomination and self-nomination of candidates for deputies start the next day after the announcement that electoral process has been launched and end at least 40 days before the elections.
6. Submission of documents to a respective election commission for registration of candidates shall end 30 days before the elections. Registration of candidates for deputies ends 25 days before the elections.
7. Pre-election campaign publicity starts 24 days before the elections.
8. Informational posters of parties (blocs) and candidates for deputies registered in single-mandate constituencies, as mentioned in Article 52 of the present Law shall be produced at least 15 days before the elections.
9. Voter lists are established by executive bodies of village, town, city (in cities where district councils do not exist), district councils or by bodies (officials) that exercise their functions according to the law, based on voter lists that were used for the last voting at people’s deputy of Ukraine elections, presidential elections of Ukraine, national or municipal referendum, according to the form prescribed by the Central Election Commission. The bodies mentioned above rectify these lists and transmit them to polling station commissions at least 10 days before the elections.
10. Voter lists shall be established according to Article 30, paragraph 4, of the present Law at polling stations created at stationary medical institutions, ships sailing on the election day and flying the State Flag of Ukraine, diplomatic and other official representative and consular missions of Ukraine abroad, military detachments stationed outside the limits of Ukraine, penitentiary institutions and other places of temporary residence of voters that have been imposed limitations on their movement.
11. The Central Election Commission shall approve the form and the text of ballot for voting in a multi-mandate constituency and the form of ballot for voting in a single-mandate constituency at least 24 days before the elections. Respective constituency election commission shall approve the text of ballot for voting in a single-mandate constituency at least 20 days before the elections.