(1) The Members of the Parliament shall be elected by general and direct ballot.
(2) Rules for the exercise of the suffrage shall be laid down by the Elections Act, which, to secure equal representation of the various opinions of the Electorate, shall prescribe the manner of election and decide whether proportional representation shall be adopted with or without elections in single-member constituencies.
(3) In determining the number of seats to be allotted to each area regard shall be paid to the number of inhabitants, the number of electors, and the density of population.
(4) The Elections Act shall provide rules governing the election of substitutes and their admission to the Parliament, and also rules for the procedure to be adopted where a new election is required.
(5) Special rules for the representation of Greenland in the Parliament may be laid down by Statute.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).