(1) The Parliament shall be comprised of one hundred and one members. Members of the Parliament shall be elected in free elections on the principle of proportionality. Elections shall be general, uniform and direct. Voting shall be secret.
(2) Every citizen entitled to vote who has attained 21 years of age may be a candidate for the Parliament.
(3) Regular elections to the Parliament shall be held on the first Sunday in March every fourth year following the year of previous elections to the Parliament.
(4) Early elections to the Parliament shall be held, in the cases prescribed by Articles 89, 97, 105 and 119, no earlier than twenty, and no later than forty days after elections have been declared.
(5) The procedures for the election of the Parliament shall be determined by the Law On the Parliament Elections.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).