Procedure of Registration of Candidates
1. Registration of candidates shall begin 55 days and end 30 days prior to the election day.
2. Decision on the registration of candidates shall be adopted by the constituency (territorial) election commission if the following documents are available:
1) minutes of voter’s meetings at the place of their residence, work (meeting of working collective), or studies, minutes of meeting (conference) of the local branch of the political party (bloc), of public organization on the nomination of candidates;
2) application of a person with the consent to be nominated as a candidate for deputy for the position of village, settlement, city chairman in the respective election constituency, and with his/her obligation to cease, in the event of election as deputy, village, settlement, city chairman, working or another activity which is incompatible with their status;
3) auto-biography of the candidate, his/her election program;
4) declaration of property and incomes of the candidate for the preceding year, completed in the format established by the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine;
5) references about place of residence and work.
3. The decision on registration of candidates, who nominated themselves in election constituencies, in the territory of which they reside or work, shall be adopted by the constituency (territorial) election commission on the basis of the respective application of a candidate, to which the list of citizens of Ukraine shall be attached, who supported his/her candidacy in accordance with the requirements of Article 28 of this Law, on the basis of an application of a candidate with the obligation to cease in case he/she is elected a deputy, a village, settlement, city chairman, working or other activity which is incompatible with their status, as well as on the basis of availability of documents envisaged by sub-paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 of second paragraph of this Article.
4. The constituency (territorial) election commission shall, upon reception of documents envisaged by second (third) paragraph of this Article, issue to the person who submitted these documents a certificate with indication of date, month, year, and time of receipt of documents.
5. The constituency (territorial) election commission shall, no later than on the fifth day after the reception of documents for registration of a candidate, adopt a decision on registration of a candidate or on a refusal in his/her registration indicating the motives of refusal. Based on the results of registration, the election commission shall make minutes on the registration of the candidate, following the form established by the Central Election Commission. The subjects which nominated the candidate shall be notified of the commission’s decision no later than on the second day after its adoption.
6. In the event of eliminating the drawbacks which caused the refusal to register a candidate, and of submitting the necessary documents to the constituency (territorial) election commission no later than three days before the term of registration of candidates established by this Law expires, the commission shall repeatedly consider the issue of registration and adopt an appropriate decision.
7. The decision of the constituency (territorial) election commission regarding the registration or non-registration of a candidate can be appealed in the order established by this Law.
8. The constituency (territorial) election commission shall, no later than on the fifth day after the registration of candidates, publish or bring to the knowledge of population through other way an announcement about the registration of candidates indicating surname, first name, patronymic, year of birth, party membership, position (occupation), place of work and residence of every candidate.
9. The constituency (territorial) election commission shall issue to the registered candidate an appropriate credential following the form established by the Central Election Commission.