Refusal to Register Candidate (Candidates) for Deputy
1. The Central Election Commission shall refuse in registration of a candidate (candidates) for deputies if:
1) laws of Ukraine were violated during the establishment of an Election bloc and nomination of candidates for deputies;
2) there are no documents referred to in Article 58 of this Law or such documents have not been duly executed;
3) candidate for a deputy losses his/her citizenship of Ukraine;
4) person nominated for a candidate for a deputy leaves Ukraine for permanent residence or for being granted the political asylum;
5) person nominated for a candidate for a deputy is declared as legally incapable person;
6) sentence for an intended crime takes a legal effect against an individual nominated for a candidate for a deputy;
7) The Central Election Commission reveals circumstances preventing an individual nominated for a candidate for a deputy from being elected a deputy in accordance with Article 9 of this Law.
2. Decision on refusal in registration of candidates for deputies shall contain exhaustive reasons for refusal. A copy of decision shall be given to a representative of a party (bloc) no later than on the next day after adoption thereof.
3. Refusal in registration of candidates for deputies being put in an election list of a party (bloc) because of undue execution of documents submitted by a party (bloc), as stipulated by paragraph 1 of Article 58 of this Law, shall not exclude repeated application for registration of candidates for deputies, included in the a respective list of a party (bloc) by such party (bloc). Such application with documents corrected in accordance with requirements of this Law, should be submitted to the Central Election Commission no later than 75 days before Election Day. Final decision on registration of candidates for deputies, put in an election list of a party (bloc), shall be passed by the Central Election Commission no later than 71 day before Election Day.
4. If less than minimum of required by the paragraph 1 Article 57 of this Law nominees remain on the election list of a party (bloc) because of refusal of the Central Election Commission in registration on candidates for deputies included in an election list or because of subsequent cancellation of registration of such candidates, the Central Election Commission shall pass a decision on refusal in registration or cancellation of registration of all candidates for deputies, included in such election list of party (bloc).
5. The decision of the Central Election Commission on cancellation of the registration of a candidate for deputy which has not been appealed shall take an effect after the terms for such appellation expired.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).