Procedure for Transporting and Transferring Election Documents to District Election Commission
1. Transportation of documents mentioned under paragraph 11, Article 89 of this Law shall be done by polling station commission members of a regular or a special polling station (except for special polling stations created on vessels navigating under the State Flag of Ukraine on Election Day or at Ukrainian polar station) representing three different parties (blocs), in particular the commission head or the deputy head and two members of this commission representing two other parties (blocs) who received the majority of votes cast at the polling station. They must be accompanied by the representative of the law enforcement authorities of Ukraine who should provide protection during the transportation. Upon their request, other members of a polling station, candidates for deputies, authorized representatives of parties (blocs), and official observers may accompany the documents. Transportation of documents by any other means is prohibited.
2. During transportation of documents, it is prohibited to unpack packages with ballot papers and other election documentation.
3. If other elections or a referendum is held simultaneously with elections of people's deputies of Ukraine, election documentation for the other elections or the referendum shall be transported to a respective district or territorial election commission (sic!) by members of a polling station commission who do not accompany the election documentation related to the elections of people's deputies of Ukraine pursuant to paragraph 1 of this Article.
4. The secretary of a polling station commission, other commission members who do not accompany election documentation to a district election commission shall stay in premises of the polling station commission until they are notified of the receipt of the protocol on counting of votes at a polling station by the district election commission. During the transportation of election documentation, the stamp of a polling station commission shall be kept in a safe (metal box) in the premises of the polling station commission.
5. The protocol on counting of votes at a regular or a special polling station (except for special polling stations created at vessels navigating under the State Flag of Ukraine on Election Day or at Ukrainian polar station) and other election documents of a polling station commission shall be transferred to a respective district election commission at its meeting pursuant to the procedure set forth in Article 92 of this Law.
6. The contents of the protocol on counting of votes at a polling station situated abroad and on a special polling station created on a ship that on Election Day is at sea bearing the national flag of Ukraine or at Ukrainian polar station after signing by members of the polling station commission shall be immediately passed by the polling station commission with the help of technical means of communication to the Central Election Commission (through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or to a respective district election commission; the first and the second copies of the protocol on counting of votes at a polling station must be later sent to it pursuant to the procedure established by the Central Election Commission. The protocols shall be appended with other election documents mentioned under paragraph 11, Article 89 of this Law.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).