1. To be registered an individual elected a national deputy no later than on the twentieth day from the day of official promulgation of the election results, shall submit to the Central Election Commission a document on his/her dismissal from the previous place of work, which is not compatible with a deputy mandate, and (or) a copy of a registered request to terminate another representative mandate submitted to the respective council.
2. In the event that an individual elected a national deputy presents to the Central Election Commission legitimate reasons that prevent him/her from complying with the requirements of paragraph 1 of this Law, the Central Election Commission may pass a decision on recognizing the aforementioned reasons legitimate and set a different timeline for fulfillment of these requirements; otherwise the Central Election Commission mat pass a decision on not recognizing the aforementioned reasons legitimate.
3. After having received the documents mentioned under paragraph 1 of this Law, the Central Election Commission shall pass a decision on registering the elected national deputy.
4. In the event that an individual elected national deputy, without a legitimate reason, fails to fulfill the requirements stipulated by paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Law, the Central Election Commission shall pass a decision on recognizing him/her an individual who rejected a deputy mandate and recognizing an elected national deputy the person who follows him/her on the party (bloc) list.
5. No later than on the seventh day after registration of an individual elected national deputy, the Central Election Commission shall provide him/her with a temporary ID of a national deputy in the form established by the same Commission.
6. The decision of the Central Election Commission on registering the deputy and a temporary ID of a national deputy shall serve as the grounds for the person to be sworn in as a national deputy of Ukraine.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).