(1) A separate room or compartment should be arranged inside the polling station for the elector to insert one ballot paper into the envelope and to seal it in privacy.
(2) The elector may choose to put a "+" mark across from the name of any candidates, to cross out a candidates first or last name or to leave the ballot paper without any marks.
(3) The "+" note against the name of a candidate indicates special support given to the candidate by this elector. If the elector does not support some of the candidates included in the ballot paper, he/she may cross out the first or the last name of this candidate. The elector may insert an unaltered (unmarked) ballot paper into the envelope.
(4) The elector personally hands the sealed envelope to a member of the electoral commission, and the latter inserts the envelope into the sealed ballot box in the presence of the voter.
(5) If the voter has damaged the ballot paper or the envelope, a new envelope or new ballot papers with all the names of the candidates nominated for the constituency shall be issued to the voter. A special entry to this effect shall be made in voter's list.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).