1. The elections of the President of Ukraine are general. Citizens of Ukraine, who have reached 18 years of age on the day of elections, shall have the right to vote.
2. The document confirming Ukrainian citizenship is:
1) a passport of a citizen of Ukraine;
2) a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travelling abroad;
3) a diplomatic passport;
4) a service passport;
5) a seaman's identity card;
6) a crew member's identity card;
7) a military ticket for fixed-term military servicemen;
8) a temporary identity card of a citizen of Ukraine;
9) a card (certificate) issued by an institution under the penitentiary system, which must contain the surname, name and patronymic date, month and year of birth, citizenship, a photo of the person, the signature of the head and seal of the institution - for persons held in penitentiary institutions.
3. Citizens of Ukraine who have the right to vote may participate in the work of election commissions as their members, as well as in the conduct of the pre-election campaign, in the observation of the elections of the President of Ukraine and in other events in accordance to the procedure specified in this and other laws of Ukraine.
4. Any direct or indirect privileges or restrictions of the voting rights of the citizens of Ukraine based on race, skin colour, political, religious and other convictions, gender, ethnic and social origin, property status, place of residence, or based on language or other criteria, besides those envisaged by the Constitution of Ukraine and this Law, shall be prohibited.
5. Citizens found incapable by a court shall not have the right to vote.
6. A citizen of Ukraine, who, at the time of preparation and conduct of the elections, resides or is staying outside the boundaries of Ukraine, and who on legal grounds crossed the State boundary of Ukraine, shall exercise s his/her right to vote for the elections of the President of Ukraine on a general basis.
7. Citizens of Ukraine who have the right to vote are voters.