1. In order to conduct the vote and count of votes at elections of the President of Ukraine, the territory of villages, settlements, cities and city districts, which are parts of a territorial election district, shall be divided into election precincts.
2. Election precincts may be ordinary, special and foreign [abroad].
3. Ordinary election precincts shall be formed to facilitate the voting of voters according to their place of residence.
4. Special election precincts shall be formed in stationary medical institutions, on board vessels at sea under the State Flag of Ukraine on the day of elections, at polar stations of Ukraine, in institutions under the penitentiary system, and other places of temporary stay of voters with limited abilities of movement. In exceptional cases, the Central Election Commission upon a submission from the respective territorial election commission may form special election precincts at the territory of military units (formations) located far from populated areas.
5. Election precincts abroad shall be formed at diplomatic and other official representations and con sular offices of Ukraine abroad, and in military units (formations), dislocated outside the boundaries of Ukraine.
6. The territorial election commissions shall form ordinary election precincts upon a submission from the executive committees of village, settlement, city (in which there are no city district councils), and city district councils, and in case such bodies do not exist, upon a proposal respectively from the village, settlement, and city heads, from heads of city district councils or from officials who according to law exercise authorities on their behalf. The territorial election commission shall in the form of its decision establish the boundaries of each ordinary election precinct, the list of buildings included therein, as well as the location of the polling station election commission.
7. The territorial election commissions shall form the special election precincts at the location of the respective establishments or institutions, or according to the place of registration of the vessel or polar station.
8. The Central Election Commission shall form s election precincts abroad upon a submission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Election precincts abroad shall constitute a separate out-of-country election district.
9. Election precincts shall be formed with a number of voters between 20 and 3000. If the number of voters within the respective territory or at the respective establishment or institution is smaller or greater than the specified limits of the number of voters, and such voters (or their surplus) cannot be attributed to another election precinct, or if it is impossible to form an additional election precinct within this territory, or at the respective establishment or institutions, an election precinct may be formed with a smaller or greater number of voters.
10. Election precincts shall be formed no later than fifty days prior to the day of elections. In exceptional cases the Central Election Commission may form a special or foreign election precinct no later than seven days prior to the day of elections upon a submission from the respective territorial election commission or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
11. In the form of its decision, the territorial election commission shall establish a uniform enumeration of the election precincts within the boundaries of the territorial election district and submit proposals to the Central Election Commission as to the number of the election precinct in case of formation of a special election precinct according to parts four and ten of this article.
12. Decisions of the territorial election commission on the formation of election precincts with an indication of their numbers, boundaries, the approximate number of voters and the location of the respective polling station election commissions shall be published in the print press no later than on the fifth day after the day the decision was adopted. In case a special or foreign election precinct is formed according to part ten of this article, the decision of the Central Election Commission shall be published in the same order no later than five days prior to the day of elections.