Authorities of the Central Election Commission
1. The authorities of the Central Election Commission in regard to the organization, preparation and conduct of the elections of the President of Ukraine shall be determined by the Law of Ukraine "On the Central Election Commission", this and other laws of Ukraine.
2. In addition to the authorities provided for by the Law of Ukraine "On the Central Election Commission", the Central Election Commission shall:
1) adopt clarifications, which the election commissions are obliged to execute, about the application of the provisions of the law, and ensure support to their organizational and methodological functions;
2) in case of necessity, call sessions of a lower - level election commission at its own initiative;
3) control the use of funds from the State Budget of Ukraine by the election commissions by engaging employees of relevant state bodies in performing inspections;
4) establish the standards and the list of necessary equipment and inventory, the requirements for such equipment and the procedure for its storage, the requirements with respect to the voting premises, as well as the list of services which are provided to election commissions;
5) terminate the flow of funds to the accounts of election commissions in the banking institutions after the termination of the authorities of election commissions, or, in case they violate the budget and financial discipline, take the decision to transfer the remaining funds to the Central Election Commission's account for further use for the needs of the election campaign;
6) register candidates to the post of President of Ukraine, as well as their proxies;
7) ensure the production and broadcasting on national TV and Radio of information programs giving clarifications to voters about the principles and procedure of conducting elections, their role in the life of the society and the state, the voting procedures, the rights and obligations of voters, and the mechanisms for control over compliance with the legislation regarding the elections of the President of Ukraine;
8) resolve, according to this and other laws of Ukraine, issues related to the use of mass media in the pre-election campaign;
9) ensure the production of pre-election posters of candidates to the post of President of Ukraine;
10) exercise control over the receipt and use of the candidates' personal election funds; engage the State Tax Administration of Ukraine as well as banking institutions in which the respective accounts are opened, in conducting respective audits;
11) ensure the centralized production of ballots of the established form, as well as absentee voting certificates, forms of the protocol of the election commissions on the count of votes and on the determination of the results of the vote and other election documentation forms;
12) submit a report to the State Chancellery on the expenditure of funds allocated from the State Budget of Ukraine for the preparation and conduct of the elections of the President of Ukraine, within three months from the day of the official publication of the results of the elections; and
13) perform other authorities according to this and other laws of Ukraine.