Proxies of the Candidate to the Post of President of Ukraine
1. A candidate to the post of President of Ukraine may have no more than five proxies in the single nationwide election constituency and one proxy in each territorial election district. The proxy of a candidate must comply with the requirements indicated in part two of article 64 of this Law.
2. The proxies of the candidate to the post of President of Ukraine shall conduct the campaign for his/her election as President of Ukraine, assist the candidate to the post of President of Ukraine in the election process, and represent his/her interests in relation to election commissions, other state bodies and bodies of local self-government, the mass media, public associations and voters.
3. The application for registering a person as proxy of a candidate, signed by the candidate to the post of President of Ukraine and certified in accordance with the procedure established by law, shall be submitted to the Central Election Commission at any time after the registration of the candidate. The name, surname and patronymic of each proxy, his/her citizenship, the day, month and year of birth, the place of work, the occupied position (occupation), place of residence and telephone number shall be indicated in the application for registration of the proxies. The written consent of these persons to represent the interests of the candidate to the post of President of Ukraine in the respective election district shall be attached to the application. The signatures of the mentioned persons shall be certified in accordance with the procedure established by law.
4. The Central Election Commission shall no later than on the third day after the receipt of the documents mentioned in part three of this article register the proxies of a candidate to the post of President of Ukraine and issue their certificates according to the form established by the Central Election Commission to the authorized representative of the candidate.
5. The proxy of a candidate to the post of President of Ukraine shall have the right from the day he/she is registered the Central Election Commission till the termination of his/her powers or the completion of the election process to be released from his/her work or service duties without preservation of salary with the consent of the owner of the enterprise, institution, organization or a body authorized by him.
6. In case the registration of a candidate to the post of President of Ukraine is cancelled, the powers of the proxies of the candidate shall be considered terminated from the day the decision to cancel the registration was taken.
7. The proxy of a candidate to the post of President of Ukraine shall have the right at any time prior to the day of elections to address the Central Election Commission with an application to terminate his/her powers.
8. A candidate to the post of President of Ukraine may at any time prior to the day of elections or the day of repeat voting take a decision to recall his/her proxy and to submit another candidacy in stead of him/her. The relevant application together with the written consent of the submitted candidacy shall be submitted to the Central Election Commission in accordance with the procedure established in part three of this article.
9. Based on an application submitted in accordance with part seven and eights of this article, the Central Election Commission shall no later that the third day after its receipt, or if submitted on the eve of the day of elections - immediately, take a decision on cancelling the registration of the proxy of the candidate. A copy of the decision shall be issued to the authorized representative of the candidate or sent to his/her address.
10. The certificate of the proxy of a candidate to the post of President of Ukraine, whose powers have been terminated prior to the end of election process, shall be returned to the Central Election Commission immediately.