Preparations for the Vote on the Day of Elections (the Day of Repeat Voting)
1. Voting on the day of elections and on the day of repeat voting shall commence from 8:00 till 20:00 hrs. At polling stations abroad, the voting process shall commence according to the local time in the country where these polling stations have been formed.
2. The polling station election commission shall notify voters about the hours and place of voting at least seven days prior to the day of elections, or in exceptional cases, where election precincts have been formed according to part ten of article 20 of this Law - on the eve of the elections.
3. The polling station election commission shall bear the responsibility for organizing the conduct of the vote, for maintaining proper order in the voting premises and for ensuring the secrecy of the will of voters during the voting process.
4. The polling station election commission shall not earlier than forty-five minutes prior to the beginning of the vote hold a session, on which the safe (metal strong-box) containing the election ballots shall be opened. Based on the extract from the protocol of the territorial election commission on the transfer of election ballots to the polling station election commission or the act mentioned in part ten of article 73 of this Law, the chairperson of the polling station election commission shall announce the number of election ballots received by the polling station election commission. The secretary of the commission shall enter this information into the protocol of the polling station election commission on the count of the votes of voters in the election precinct.
5. In case it is revealed that the strip, with which the safe (metal strong-box) was sealed, has been damaged or is marked with non-corresponding signatures or seal, the polling station election commission shall immediately notify a body of the Ministry of Interior and the territorial election commission about this. The members of polling station election commission shall then recount the election ballots, about which an act shall be completed, signed by all those who are present at the session of the polling station election commission and certified with the seal of the commission. The number of election ballots indicated in the aforementioned act shall be considered the actual number of election ballots received by the polling station election commission.
6. The polling station election commission of an ordinary election precinct shall determine the number of voters who received absentee voting certificates for the respective election and count the remaining number of unused absentee voting certificate forms. The unused certificate forms shall be invalidated by way of tearing off their bottom-right corner. An act on the invalidation of the forms of the respective absentee voting certificates shall be completed according to the form established by the Central Election Commission. The act shall contain the following:
1) the number and serial numbers of the absentee voting certificate forms received by the polling station election commission;
2) the number of voters, who received absentee voting certificates;
3) the number of unused absentee voting certificates; and
4) the number of invalidated absentee voting certificates;
7. When completing the act mentioned in part six of this article, the polling station election commission shall check if the number of absentee voting certificate forms received is equal to the sum of the number of voters who received such absentee voting certificates and the number of invalidated absentee voting certificate forms. In case of a discrepancy between these data, the polling station election commission shall enter this in the aforementioned act, and shall as well indicate the reason for such discrepancy established in a decision of the polling station election commission.
8. Invalidated unused forms of the respective absentee voting certificates shall be packaged. The package shall be marked with the inscription "Invalidated forms of absentee voting certificates giving the right to participate in the elections of the President of Ukraine" and with an indication of the number of the territorial election district and the number of the election precinct, the date and time of packaging, the number of invalidated absentee voting certificate forms contained therein, and it shall be signed by the members of the polling station election commission present and certified with the seal of the commission.
9. The package with the invalidated absentee voting certificate forms and the act regarding their invalidation shall be delivered to the territorial election commission together with the election documentation mentioned in part nine of article 79 of this Law.
10. At the session of the polling station election commission prior to the beginning of voting, the chairperson of the commission shall provide all available ballot boxes at the polling station, one by one, for examination to the members of the polling station election commission, to candidates to the post of President of Ukraine, their proxies, official observers and representatives of mass media who are present. After having been examined, each ballot box shall be leaded or sealed with the seal of the polling station election commission, and then a control sheet shall be cast in it, indicating the number of the territorial district, the number of the election precinct, the time it was cast in the ballot box, the signatures of the chairperson, the secretary and of other members of the polling station election commission, and the signatures of candidates, their proxies and official observers, who are present during this. These persons shall sign the control sheet and their signatures shall be verified with the seal of the commission. When a control sheet has been cast, the chairperson of the commission shall present the next ballot box for examination and conduct the same procedure with it. When the last ballot box has been sealed and the control sheet cast in it, and the big (stationary) ballot boxes have been placed in their designated places, the polling station shall be considered ready for voting. The small (mobile) ballot boxes shall be placed in the voting premises with their ballot slots facing down within the sight of the commission members and other persons present in the polling station during the voting in accordance with the requirements of this Law.