The Organization and Procedure of Voting
1. During the voting in the election precinct a member of the polling station election commission shall, based on the list of voters for the respective election precinct, issue one election ballot for voting to the voter, on the condition that the voter provides one of the documents specified in part two of article 2 of this Law, which certifies his/her identity and citizenship. The voter shall sign for the receipt of the election ballot in the designated place on the control coupon of the election ballot and in the list of voters. The member of the polling station election commission who issues the election ballot shall write his/her surname, initials and signature in the designated place on the election ballot and on the control coupon. It shall be prohibited to put any marks on the election ballots.
2. A voter who on the day of elections arrived to vote at the election precinct with an absentee voting certificate or with a court decision about his/her inclusion in the list of voters at the respective election precinct shall be included in the list of voters in accordance with the procedure established by parts nine and ten of article 34 of this Law. The voter shall be issued an election ballot in accordance with the procedure established in part one of this article.
3. A voter may only stay in the voting premises during the time necessary for voting.
4. A voter shall personally mark the election ballot in the booth (room) for secret voting. The presence of other persons while election ballots are being marked shall be prohibited. A voter, who due to physical disability cannot mark the election ballot personally, shall have the right after notifying the chairperson or another member of the polling station election commission to require the assistance of another voter, except for members of the election commission, candidates to the post of President of Ukraine, their proxies and official observers.
5. A voter shall not have the right to give his/her election ballot to other persons. It is prohibited to receive an election ballot from other persons (except for the authorized member of the election commission who issues ballots) or to encourage or force voters to give their ballots to other persons by means of bribe, threat or otherwise.
6. The voter shall place the mark "plus" ("+") on the election ballot for voting or another mark that indicates his/her will in the square box next to the surname of the candidate to the post of President of Ukraine for whom he/she is voting. The voter may only vote for one candidate or not support any candidate to the post of President of Ukraine. In case the voter does not support any candidate, he/she shall place the mark "plus" ("+") or another mark that indicates his/her will in the square box next to the words: "I do not support any candidate to the post of President of Ukraine".
7. The voter shall cast the marked election ballot into the ballot box. A voter, who due to physical disability cannot cast them personally into the ballot box, shall have the right after notifying the chairperson or another member of the polling station election commission to entrust another person except for members of the election commission, candidates to the post of President of Ukraine, their proxies and official observers to do this in his/her presence.
8. In case a ballot box is damaged during the vote, the chairperson and no less than three members of the election commission, who are representatives of different candidates to the post of President of Ukraine, shall seal the ballot box by in a way which makes it impossible to cast election ballots. This ballot box shall be kept in the voting premises within the sight of the commission members and other persons, who are present in the polling station during the vote in accordance with the requirements of this Law, and shall not be used till the end of the vote.
9. In case a voter makes a mistake when marking an election ballot, he/she shall have the right immediately to address the member of the election commission, who issued him/her the ballot, with a written request to be issued another election ballot. The member of the election commission shall issue another election ballot in accordance with the procedure established by part one of this article, but only in exchange of the spoiled ballot, about what he/she shall make a note in the list of voters opposite the surname of the voter and put his/her signature. The spoiled election ballot shall immediately be invalidated as unused, about what an act shall be completed. The spoiled and invalidated election ballot shall be counted as unused during the count of the votes and shall together with the control coupon be packed in the package with unused election ballots.
10. At 20:00 the chairperson of the polling station election commission shall announce the end of the vote, after what time only the voters who are present in the voting premises shall have the right to vote. Continued voting after the time established by this Law shall not be permitted After the last voter has left the voting premises, the premises shall be locked, and only members of the commission and the persons entitled by this Law to be present at the session of the election commission shall remain in it.
11. At an election precinct created on board a vessel, which is at sea under the State Flag of Ukraine on the day of elections, or at a polar station of Ukraine, the respective polling station election commission may declare the end of the vote earlier than the time, specified in part one of article 75 of this Law, if all the voters in the list of voters have taken part in the vote. The count of the votes at such precincts shall be carried out immediately after the announcement of the end of the vote in accordance with the procedure established by this Law.