1. Single-member and/or multi-member constituencies shall be formed on the basis of the data on the number of voters registered on the respective territory submitted by the appropriate executive power bodies and bodies of local self-governance in accordance with Clause 4 Article 23 of this Code.
2. The following requirements shall be observed when forming electoral districts:
- approximate equality of the constituencies by the number of voters with allowable variation not exceeding 10 percent from the average voters representation rate, and in remote and difficult of access places - not more than 15 percent;
- the electoral district shall be a single territory, an electoral district shall not be formed of the territories that are not contiguous.
The plan of electoral districts shall indicate the border of electoral districts, the list of inhabited localities (streets, houses) that form part of each constituency, number and center of each electoral district, the number of voters in each constituency.
As a rule, while observing these specified requirements, administrative-territorial division of the Republic shall be taken into account.
3. For election of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic the entire territory of the Kyrgyz Republic shall be a constituency.
4. For election of deputies to the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, there shall be 75 single-member territorial constituencies.
The Central Election Commission shall develop a plan of electoral districts and graphical picture of this plan, and not later than 160 days until the day of elections shall submit it to the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic for approval.
The Jogurku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic shall approve the plan of single mandate territorial constituencies on election of deputies to the Jogurku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic no later than 130 days before the election day.
The plans of electoral districts for election of deputies to the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic shall be published by the election commission in mass media not later than 120 days before the election day.
In cases, when the plans of some single mandate territorial constituencies on election of deputies to the Jogurku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic are not approved by the Jogurku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic within the timeframe specified by this code, then the plans of single mandate territorial constituencies that have not been approved shall be approved by the Central Election Commission.
5. For election of deputies to local keneshes, oblast, Bishkek and Osh city election commissions shall form electoral districts on the basis of provisions specified by the special part of this code and submit them for the approval of the respective local kenesh not later than 40 calendar days before the elections are appointed.
Respective local kenesh shall approve the plan of election constituencies on election of deputies of local keneshes no later than 30 calendar days before the elections are appointed.
The lists of electoral districts with indication of their boundaries and addresses of the territorial district election commissions shall be published by the oblast Bishkek and O shcity election commissions in mass media within seven calendar days from the date of approval of the electoral districts.
The plan of election constituencies on election of deputies of local which was not approved by the respective local kenesh within the time frame specified by this code, shall be approved the oblast Bishkek and Osh city election commissions.
6. During elections of the heads of local self-governments the entire territory of respective administrative and territorial unit shall be considered as an election constituency.
7. In case of violation of the requirements of Clause 2 of this Article the changes in the list of electoral districts, specification of their borders and location of the election commissions shall be made by the Central Election Commission or by respective election commissions.
(In the edition of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic issued on October 14th 2001 year, No. 87, January 24th 2004 year , No. 7, December 18th 2004 year, No. 193)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).