1. Precincts for elections shall be established for conduct of voting and counting of votes taking into account local and other conditions with the aim of creating maximum conveniences for voters.
2. Precincts for elections shall be established by the corresponding superior election commissions not later than 45 calendar days before the election day with not more than 3000 voters per precinct. It shall not be permitted for precinct borders to cross the borders of electoral districts.
3. In hospitals, health resorts, recreation facilities, and other places of temporary stay of constituents, in remote and difficult to access areas, in investigations isolation wards and temporary detention places, precincts for elections shall be established within the same period and in exceptional cases not later than 5 calendar days before the election day. Such precincts for elections shall be part of the electoral district according to the place of their location.
4. Military servicemen shall vote at common precincts for elections. As an exception, it shall be permitted to establish electoral precincts in military units located in isolated, remote areas away from inhabited localities. In such cases commanders of the military units shall establish electoral precincts by decision of the corresponding election commission.
5. Electoral precincts for the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic being on the territory of foreign states shall be established by heads of diplomatic missions and consular establishments of the Kyrgyz Republic on the territory of the country of their temporary stay. The requirement on the number of voters specified under Clause 2 of this Article may be disregarded in the establishment of electoral precincts outside the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic. The procedure for attachment of such precincts to electoral districts or a certain rayon on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic shall be specified by the Central Election Commission in agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
6. Lists of electoral precincts with indication of their borders and addresses shall be published by the corresponding election commissions not later than 5 calendar days after the date of their establishment.
(In the edition of the Law issued on January 24th 2004 year, No. 7)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).