1. The voters who were entered onto the electoral register but cannot come to the polling station because of the state of their health or disability may vote at the place of their stay. Precinct election commissions must provide a possibility for such voters to vote outside the polling station premises.
2. Voting outside the polling station shall be held only on the election day and only upon a written request or verbal appeal (including in cases when it is transmitted with the help of other persons) to provide him/her an opportunity to vote outside the polling station. The application (appeal) may be made any time after the establishment of the precinct election commission but not later than 6 hours before the expiration of the voting time on the election day. The precinct election commission shall register all the submitted applications (appeals) in a special register. An application on providing a possibility to vote outside the polling station should specify a reason due to which the voter cannot arrive at the polling station and the data on the voter. When a verbal appeal is registered, the commission member who received it shall indicate the time when the appeal was received and sign the record of it. During the visit of the commission members to such voter, his/her appeal shall be confirmed with a written application.
3. Voting outside the polling station premises shall be conducted by not less than two members of the precinct election commission, who shall receive under their signature the necessary number of ballots and portable boxes, previously stamped and sealed. The precinct election commission must have at their disposal the necessary amount of portable ballot boxes but not more than three. Voting outside the polling station premises shall be conducted in presence of not less than two candidates’ representatives and members of the commission with an advisory vote.
4. In his/her written application a voter shall specify the series and number of his/her passport or identification document and certify with his/her signature that he/she has received a ballot paper. The election commission members shall put their signatures on the application to certify the fact of issuances of the election ballot.
5. Should the voter, who had submitted an application (appeal) about providing him/her with a possibility to vote outside the polling station, come to the polling station after members of the precinct election commission were sent to him/her to conduct voting outside the polling station, the corresponding member of the precinct election commission shall not have the right to issue such voter with a ballot for voting inside the polling station until the members of the precinct election commission, who organize the voting outside the polling station, return and it is established that this voter has not voted outside the polling station.
6. The series and number of passport or other identification document of the voter, who voted outside the polling station, shall be entered into the electoral register and at the same time the note “voted outside the polling station” shall be made in the relevant column of the electoral register.
(In the edition of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic issued on January 24th 2004 year No. 7)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).