Procedure for Nomination of Candidates for Deputies
1. Nomination of candidates for deputies of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic shall start after 10 calendar days since the day elections were appointed.
2. Nomination of candidates shall end 40 calendar days before the election day.
3. The right to nominate candidates for deputies of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic shall belong to political parties, as well as to citizens by way of self-nomination.
4. Nomination of candidates for single-member electoral districts by political parties shall be carried out at their congresses (conferences) with identification of the district where each candidate shall run. Political parties shall have the right to nominate one candidate for each election district. Decision on nomination of the candidate shall be adopted by the secret vote.
In case of the conduct of election for the position of a deputy of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic to replace a deputy who had retired, political parties have the right to nominate candidates for the position of a deputy at conferences (meetings) of the regional branches of their political parties.
A member of the Central Election Commission, territorial election commission and representative of Justice bodies shall be entitled to attend the congress (conference) of a political party on nomination of candidates.
5. The list of candidates nominated by political parties, election blocs shall be submitted to the Central Election Commission and the election commission of the district where the candidate nominated by the political party, election bloc shall run. These lists should contain name and number of the electoral district, in which each candidate shall run, surname, name, patronymics, date of birth, place of work, position (occupation) and place of residence of each candidate. The list of candidates nominated by a political party shall be signed by the party leader and authenticated by the party stamp. The list of candidates nominated by an election bloc shall be signed by the head of the election bloc. At the same time with the list, a protocol with the decision of the congress (conference) of the political party, at which the candidates were nominated, shall be submitted.
The Central Election Commission shall publish the submitted lists in mass media.
6. Self-nomination of a candidate for deputy to the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic shall be made by filing of an application with the respective district election commission on the intention to stand as a candidate in the given electoral district.
(In the edition of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic issued on October 14th 2001 year No.87, January 24th 2004 year No.7)
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).