Powers of District Electoral Commissions on Elections of Deputies of the Chamber of Representatives and on Elections to the Oblast Councils of Deputies and Territorial Electoral Commissions Exercising in theDistricts of the City of Minsk the Powers of District Electoral Commissions on Elections to the Minsk City Council of Deputies
The district electoral commissions on elections of deputies of the Chamber of Representatives and on elections of the Oblast Councils of Deputies and the territorial electoral commissions exercising in the districts of the City of Minsk powers of the district electoral commissions on elections to the Minsk City Council of Deputies shall:
1) organise the holding of elections and exercise control over fulfilment of the requirements of this Code and other legislative acts of the Republic of Belarus on elections in the territory of the electoral districts and in the district of the City of Minsk – in the territory of electoral districts formed in that district;
2) direct activities of the precinct electoral commissions;
3) hear information of the officials (workers) of the local executive and administrative bodies and organisations on the issues connected with the preparation and the holding of elections;
4) register initiative groups of citizens for the collection of signatures in support of the persons proposed for the nomination as candidates for deputies and the holding of agitation of their elections; and issue the respective certificates to the members of the initiative groups;
5) assist in the organisation of nomination of candidates for deputies;
6) register candidates for deputies and their proxies and issue respective certificates to them; and assist in the publication of posters with biography data and election programs of the candidates for deputies;
7) exercise control over the observance of equal legal conditions for election activities of the candidates for deputies;
8) assist the candidates for deputies in the organisation of meetings with the electors;
9) control over the compilation of the lists of citizens who have the right to take part in the elections and the submission of them for familiarisation by everyone;
10) manage monetary resources allocated for the preparation and holding of elections for the electoral districts, distribute part of these resources among the precinct electoral commissions and candidates for deputies and exercise control over the target use of the allocated resources; control over the provision to the precinct commissions of rooms, transport facilities, and communication facilities and consider other issues of material, technical and organisational support for securing the elections;
11) approve the texts of the ballot papers for the electoral districts and provide for the making of the ballot papers and supply of them to the precinct electoral commissions;
12) determine and publish in the press the results of elections for the electoral districts;
13) issue to the deputies certificates on their election after the elected deputies have been registered by the Central Commission, Oblast or Minsk City territorial electoral commission, respectively;
14) organise the holding of a second round of voting and of new elections;
15) consider applications and complaints against decisions and actions of the precinct electoral commissions and take decisions on them; and
16) exercise other powers in conformity with this Code and other legislative acts of the Republic of Belarus.
The district electoral commissions on elections of deputies of the Chamber of Representatives shall establish in the territory of the respective electoral district the unified numbering of the polling stations and the territory electoral commissions exercising in the districts of the City of Minsk powers of the district electoral commissions for elections to the Minsk City Council of Deputies shall establish the unified numbering of the polling stations in the territory of the district of the City of Minsk.
Powers of the electoral commissions mentioned in this article shall terminate correspondingly after the powers of the elected deputies have been acknowledged by the Chamber of Representatives, the Oblast or the Minsk City Council of Deputies.
Thank you for using VOTA. In order to help us improve the database, please send your comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
The VOTA database was created within the framework of the joint programme between the Venice Commission and the European Commission "Democracy through free and fair elections". It is managed jointly by the Secretariat of the Venice Commission and by the Mexican Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary (TEPJF).