§ 71 (1) The chairman of the ballot counting committee shall close the polling station at 7:00 p.m. The voters who are staying in the polling station or in its entrance-hall may still vote. After that the ballot counting committee shall close voting.
(2) After voting has been closed, no ballots may be accepted.
§ 71/A (1) Voting at foreign representations is possible if the host state does not object to it. Voting shall not take place at foreign representations where no voter is registered.
(2) The duties set forth in Sections § 61-71 as to be carried out by the ballot counting committee will be fulfilled and the disputes arising during voting will be decided by the election office at the foreign representation. Sections § 61 (3) and (4) shall not be applied.
(3) The image of the ballot-paper will be sent by the National Election Office to election offices at the foreign representations, which produce ballot-papers by printing this image. Election offices at foreign representations will print twice as many ballot-papers as many voters are included in the register at foreign representations. Election offices at foreign representations will maintain records of the ballot-papers printed.
(4) Voters entered in the register at foreign representations may vote at the foreign representation, or, if the building of the foreign representation is not suitable for conducting voting, in another room provided by the foreign representation. At the polling station minimum one polling booth shall be set up and one ballot-box shall be erected.
(5) At foreign representations votes may be cast on the polling day in Hungary, between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. local time. At the foreign representations where the time difference is -1 hour or -2 hours compared to Central European time zone, between 6 a.m. local time and 7 p.m. CET. At foreign representations established on the American continent votes may be cast on the day prior to voting in Hungary, between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. local time.
(6) During voting the polling station shall not be closed, and voting shall not be extended, or, except for extraordinary circumstances, discontinued. If on the polling day voting becomes impossible due to an accidental external cause, the persons present shall immediately suspend voting, sequester the ballot-box and the documents, and immediately advise the National Election Committee about the fact of such suspension to ensure the lawful continuation of voting.
§ 71/B (1) The election office at the foreign representation shall, on the grounds of a certificate issued by a Hungarian authority suitable for establishing identity, establish the identity of the citizen who intends to vote, and if they are included in the register at the foreign representation. Anyone who cannot prove his or her identity as set forth above, or is not included in the register at the foreign representation shall be rejected.
(2) When handing over the ballot-paper and the envelope to the voter, a member of the election office will fill in a statement on voting, which contains the voter's first name and family name, address, personal identification number. The voter will sign the statement on voting, and a member of the election office will authenticate it.
(3) After having filled it in, the voter will place the ballot-paper into the envelope serving this purpose, and will close the envelope. The voter will hand over the closed envelope and the statement on voting to the member of the election office at the foreign representation, who places them into another (outside) envelope in the presence of the voter, closes it and hands it over to the voter. The voter will sign the outside envelope where it is sealed, and will place it into the ballot-box.
(4) If until an hour before closing voting no voter has voted at the foreign representation, a member of the ballot counting committee may be the first voter.
(5) Voting shall be closed also when all the voters registered at the foreign representation have cast their vote.
§ 71/C (1) After closing the voting, the election committee at the foreign representation will place the register, the register of rejected citizens, the minutes made out on extraordinary events, the records made of printed ballot-papers, unused and spoiled ballot papers bundled separately, and the minutes made out on closing the voting in the ballot-box, without opening it, and will seal the ballot-box in such fashion that no ballot-paper can be either placed into or taken out of it.
(2) The closed ballot-box will be immediately transported by the election office at the foreign representation to the National Election Office until 12 p.m. on the 4th day after the polling day in Hungary.
(3) If the ballot-box fails to arrive at the National Election Office the way determined in paragraph (1) in closed condition or within the time frame determined in paragraph (2), the ballots therein shall not be taken into consideration when determining the result, the ballot-box shall be stored without being opened, and both the ballot-box and its contents shall be annihilated after 90 days after the election. Whether the ballot-box is not in closed condition determined in paragraph (1) will be decided by the National Election Committee.