(Polling station Chairpersons and scrutineers)
- Voters registered in the lists of voters, holding a university degree or a high school diploma, who are interested in serving as Chairperson or as scrutineer of a polling station shall inform the State Electoral Office of their availability. Such availability shall be revocable.
- The Electoral Commission shall draw by lot the Chairpersons and the scrutineers of the polling stations from among those who expressed their availability to serve in these capacities by 31 December of the year preceding the election day.
- The Chairpersons of polling stations shall be drawn by lot from among those who have already served as scrutineer or Chairperson of polling stations in the past.
- The following persons shall be excluded from the position of polling station Chairperson and scrutineer:
- Members of the Congress of State;
- Outgoing Members of the Great and General Council;
- Candidates running for upcoming elections;
- Members of the Electoral Commission;
- Magistrates and Court's Registrars;
- Heads of the Township Council and Members of the Township Councils;
- List delegate and alternate list delegate as referred to in Art. 14, paragraph 4.
- In case of claims against the composition of the list of Chairpersons and scrutineers of polling stations, the procedures referred to in Art. 7 shall apply.
- With regard to the draw referred to in paragraph 8, on the sixtieth day preceding the election day, the Vital Statistics Office - Population and Electoral Services shall submit to the Labour Office the lists of polling station Chairpersons and scrutineers as composed in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2 above. Within ten days following receipt of the lists, the Labour Office shall notify the Vital Statistics Office - Population and Electoral Services of the names of the polling station Chairpersons and scrutineers who are registered in the unemployment lists and who have not been employed for at least 180 consecutive days prior to the date of notification of the lists.
- On the basis of the information received by the Labour Office, the Vital Statistics Office - Population and Electoral Services shall make a list of polling station Chairpersons and scrutineers for whom the registration in the unemployment list has been certified according to paragraph 6. The persons in this list shall have priority in the draw referred to in paragraph 8.
- The Electoral Commission, by the twentieth day preceding the election day, shall carry out a draw in order to:
a) Appoint the Chairpersons of polling stations, also arranging for possible replacements in case of impediment;
b) Appoint two scrutineers per polling station, also arranging for possible replacements in case of impediment.
- The appointment as polling station Chairperson and scrutineer shall be notified to the persons involved by the Judicial Officer of the Court, at least 72 hours after the end of the session of the Electoral Commission.
- The Electoral Commission shall sanction with a fine of EUR 250.00 the voter appointed as polling station Chairperson or scrutineer who does not present himself/herself without justification.